It’s often said to me that most promotional gifts are simply not kept by the recipient. They’re viewed us low value or cheap and tacky, and simply given away. naturally I’d argue with that, as I have many, many examples of low costs business gifts bringing my clients a Return On Their Investment (often referred to as ROI). However, I ‘can’ understand why some folk may have the impression that promo gifts aren’t kept. That’s why I believe Printed Umbrellas are one of the most impactful promotional gift ideas out there. Umbrellas are a promo gift that are rarely discarded. I believe they are the perfect promotional gift, and yet, they are so often under utilized. If you get this right, they’re a mobile advertising message that will hang around and be used for years.
I’d like to share some tips with you on how to ensure you get the best possible results from them.
- Printed Umbrellas don’t HAVE to be ‘golf umbrellas’. Why not consider an alternative shape/size that’s appropriate to your target market?
- Umbrellas are perfect for any sporting occasion, but are also powerful promo gifts for use in the hospitality sector. A handful of umbrellas in the lobby of an Hotel or restaurant are a great way to show your customers how much you care!!
- You don’t HAVE to have that classic golf umbrella look (alternate coloured panels), and for no additional cost, can often have the whole canopy in just one colour (one to match your brand?)
- As a general rule, you will pay extra, each time your message is printed onto the umbrella’s canopy panels. The typical umbrella has eight canopies, so if you print onto every panel, you’ll be paying for the privilege!! Why not be subtle, and have just the one/two panels printed? Some of your recipients may like this more and then use the umbrella more often, resulting in increased exposure for your brand or message.
- Have you considered a Travel or Folding Umbrella?
- Printed Umbrellas can last a long time. We regularly see examples, still in use, that are more than ten years old, so make sure your message doesn’t ‘date’.
- Have you considered a ‘double skinned’ umbrella? Working with two different coloured materials, we can manufacture the umbrella with an outer canopy and an inner skin that complement your brand. Certain colours make the umbrella look stunning, and that’s even before we print it for you.
- The handle is an important element of the umbrella, and with many of them we can offer you a choice. Low cost budget plastic, wooden, moulded grip or even a crook handle.
- New print technology allows us to print multicoloured designs across the whole of the canopy, with a total disregard for the limitations of printing within the confines of the individual panels. With the right artwork, the effect is amazing!!!
- Don’t forget those little attention to details: Colour co-ordinated handles, ribs and spike? Branded umbrella pouches? Printed fastening straps? Printed epoxy decals inserted into the base of the handle?